Dr. Cohen is a faculty physician. She obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware in Medical Technology. Subsequently, she worked as a medical technologist at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in the Hematology/Oncology Department. In 2004, she then completed her thesis titled, "Hysteresis a Measure of Ankle Dysfunction" and earned her Master's in Biomedical Sciences.
Attending Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, she then received her Osteopathic Medical Degree in 2008. Dr. Cohen completed her osteopathic medical residency training at UPMC Shadyside's Family Medicine Residency Program. She previously worked as a community physician in the Pittsburgh area, as well as, a part-time faculty member teaching residents osteopathic manipulation and family medicine. Dr. Cohen then transitioned from private community practice to a full-time faculty member at the UPMC Shadyside Family Medicine Residency Program in 2017.
In addition in 2020, Dr. Cohen received her certification in Lifestyle Medicine and is the Director of the Lifestyle Medicine and Wellness Curriculum at UPMC Shadyside Family Medicine. As the Director of Predoctoral/Medical Student Education at Shadyside, she continues to use OMM in her daily practice while teaching osteopathic techniques to medical students and residents.
Dr. Cohen enjoys traveling, Pittsburgh sports, and spending time with her family and friends.
2018 - 2019
- Brown S, Cohen AM, Chronic Abdominal Pain Educational Handout. Osteopathic Family Physician; 2019 Jan/Feb 11(1): 35.
2018 - 2019
- OSCE Facilitator – July 27, 2018, December 21, 2018 – September 20, 2019 November 22, 2019
- Nursing Home – 2018 – July 6, July 17, Aug 3, Aug 7, Sept 21, Octo 23, Nov 13, Nov 30, Dec 4, 2019 - Apr 12, May 7, May 10 – 2019 – July 19, July 27, August 2, September 6, September 10, October 4, December 17 2020 – January 24, March 13, March 27, May 15, June 9, June 12
- Faculty Development Fellowship, UNC Chapel Hill, 2018-2019
- Osteopathic Presentation FMEC, Rye, NY, Nov 2018
- Poster Presentation FMEC, Rye, NY, Nov 2018 Feedback poster
- PCOM Outreach/FM Meeting – March 2019
- Practical OMT for Everyday Conditions – FMEC Lancaster, PA. November 1, 2019
- Assessing the effects of a growth-minded approach to feedback on medical learners and faculty. Hanna K, Cohen A, Gilbert D, Hughes P, Leonard E, Uy-Smith E. Presentation at STFM; Portland, OR. - January 2020
- Assessing the effects of a growth-minded approach to feedback on medical learners and faculty. Hanna K, Cohen A, Gilbert D, Hughes P, Leonard E, Uy-Smith E. Presentation at AAMC SGEA Faculty Development SIG. - February 2020
2017 - 2018
- OMM: New and Review, Family Medicine Refresher Course, March 2018
- Presenter: Pitt’s Dermatology Day – April 23, 2018
- Faculty Development Fellowship, UNC Chapel Hill, June 2018
- OSCE: July 28, 2017, August 25, 2017
2017 - 2020
- "Promoting Physician Wellness in the Workplace at UPMC Shadyside's Family Medicine Residency"- $2000, PI (Primary Investigator) Lindsay Nakaishi, submitted with J Weaver-Agostoni, Phil Phelps, Alissa Cohen, and Row Pingul-Ravano