Michele F. Hebda, PharmD, CTTS, BCPS is a clinical pharmacist with the inpatient Family Medicine team at UPMC Shadyside. She is also residency program director for the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program and serves as a preceptor for the longitudinal teaching rotation.
A native of Pittsburgh, Dr. Hebda received her PharmD from the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. Upon graduation, she completed the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency at UPMC Shadyside followed by a 1-year Academic and Research Fellowship (am-care focused) with Duquesne University and Preferred Primary Care Physicians.
With inpatient family medicine at Shadyside, her clinical duties encompass bedside rounds with the team which includes real-time precepting with medical residents and interns as well as pharmacy residents and students, direct patient medication education, pharmacy table rounds, didactic presentations and coordination of care with the outpatient family medicine team. Outside of the hospital, Dr. Hebda enjoys teaching a variety of dance classes established from her 10+ years’ experience as a professional ballet dancer.
- Weekly inpatient family medicine resident-focused pharmacy teaching table rounds
- PGY1 pharmacy residency longitudinal teaching preceptor-including monthly teaching discussions
- Wolf LE, McConaha JL, Raymond AM, Kanyongo G, Hebda MF. Evaluation of the impact of pharmacist-led tobacco cessation classes on abstinence rates in patients of a Patient-Centered Medical Home(PCMH) practice. Pennsylvania Pharmacist. March/April 2017
- McConaha JL, Tedesco GW, Civitarese L, Hebda MF.A pharmacist’s contribution within a patient-centered medical home. J Am Pharm Assoc.2015; 55:e311-e315. DOI: 10.1331/JAPhA.2015.14119.
- Residency Longitudinal Quality Improvement Project: Brennan M, Hebda MF. Addressing Geriatric Polypharmacy at the UPMC Shadyside Family Health Center, June 2021
- Virtual Platform/Poster presentation: Courtney L, Hebda MF. Evaluating barriers to adherence to ticagrelor following percutaneous coronary intervention, April 2019
- Quality Improvement Project Poster Presentation: Quality & Safety: A transitions of care service’s recipe for success on unplanned 30-day readmission rates*
- *UPMC Shadyside Foundation Award & Second Place in Safety at the UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside Quality and Safety Fair; Feb 2019
- Continuing Education Presentation: Hebda MF, Ballard SL. Hunting & foraging through a jungle of information: an overview of Dynamed™ and Clinical Key®. May. 2019®
- Presentation to the UPMC Shadyside Presbyterian Total Quality Council: UPMC RX Express™. Feb 2019
- Residency Longitudinal Quality Improvement Project: Hebda MF, Ballard SL. Pharmacist-Run Annual Wellness Visits: Non-Medication Ordering Activities. June 2014